Sunday, February 8, 2009

God is Worthy

God is pouring out new friendships on me. The women at my new church are so friendly and I have done a Super Bowl party, a Bible study, coffee, and an early morning prayer time this week. It has really helped me to get my mind off of relationships I shouldn't be in, and I am loving being around these girls. They are truly followers of God and I am so blessed to be getting to know them.

I saw Fireproof last night for the first time. A girl from work has recently begun attending church regularly, and she invited me to her church for dinner and movie night. It was fun, although I didn't cry as much as I thought I would. Maybe cause I'm not married and facing all those issues.


Please pray for the girls in my Tuesday night Bible study. The new believers are shying away as we talk about issues such as homosexuality, right and wrong, and sexual immorality. There are some lifestyles taking place that are not in line with God's word, and I am afraid that they are being turned off by understanding that they may have to change. I do not want to water down God's word, but instead love them through their questions and struggles without compromising truth. It is a hard balance, but in the end it is their decision to make, not mine. Please pray that they would understand who God is and why they should follow him, no matter if it's difficult or not. Please pray that Heather and I would have the words to speak to them, and that we as leaders would seek wisdom from the Lord constantly.

If you need prayer for anything, please let me know, I would love to pray for you!

Hebrews 3:13
But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Angela, I'm so excited about your new church. God IS so worthy! I wish I was there to pray with you, but I will just do it on here.

God, I want to thank you for the woman that Angela is. Lord, I thank you for her heart and her devotion to you. I ask that you would encourage her, lift her up, and give her the words to say. God, she aleady has the boldness, but she is at a loss of what to do. She wants to love and encourage without condoning what is wrong. Lord, I trust and believe that you know just what she needs to say when and you will reveal that to her! We praise you and thank you for what you have already done and plan to do.

God's using you!! I have no doubts!

Jennifer

Angela said...

Thanks, Jennifer! That was beautiful and I really appreciate and need your prayers!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I think it's great that you are actually communicating with people who are just beginning to search for God. I know what you mean about the balance between welcoming love and presenting truth.

Edie said...

Hey Angela! I'm so glad you have found a new church and so many new friends there. It sounds like a wonderful place.

Prayed for your bible study and for you and Heather as leaders.

God bless you my friend.

Kathy Schwanke said...

Good news! Glad you are being planted again! I have a similar situation in my Bible study. I was actually warned to be careful. I knew that God didn't want me walking on eggshells. He wants me free, and helped me let go of the "warning" into His hands.

Trusting God to speak through us and leave the rest in His care...even our mistakes...He redeems them.

The joy of it is we get to press into the Lord to hear His voice, to keep us sensitive to what we can do or refrain from.