Monday, May 11, 2009

Help!

Our Tuesday night Bible study is starting back up tomorrow, and I am very nervous because although many have been invited, the response has been pretty wishy-washy. We had tons of yeses, but when it gets down to it I am afraid it's just going to be myself, Heather, and Tiffany. Two leaders and one who might as well be.

I remember how hard it was to get started when I became a Christian. It knew it was the right thing to do, and that it was the only way to stop hurting all of the time. I also remember that I knew that change was coming, and I did NOT want to let go of life as I knew it, even though I knew it was impossible to keep going the way I was. Change is scary. So I understand that the girls who are thinking about getting to know God may have some reservations and some fears.

This is where you come in. Will you pray for God to work mightily, miraculously even, to bring them to a place where they will know the Creator personally? If you could pray tonight, tomorrow, that they would have a strong urge and compulsion to come to the Esther Bible study, within God's will for them to be there, I would so greatly appreciate it. Also, please pray for Heather and I to be able to lead them with integrity and that we would rely on God and not on ourselves to help these women know Christ.

Thank you. I'll let you know how it turns out.

3 comments:

Diane Meyer said...

I will pray, Angela. (Loved the Esther study, by the way. I'm doing the Galations 5 one with my crew now.)

Fijufic said...

I wish you the best. Sometimes these paths are difficult. keep walking it.

Bobby

Jewels said...

Will do, lady! Did you have a good turn out?