Saturday, May 23, 2009

Yeah, I cook.

A healthy barbecue recipe for Memorial Day! I tried this for the first time yesterday and I think it is really good!



BBQ Mango Chicken



Ingredients


- 2 lbs of Chicken Breasts (I use Tyson 99% Fat Free boneless skinless to reduce calories and fat while increasing protien)
- 6 to 8 tbsp of BBQ sauce (I like KC Masterpiece, low cal and good flavor)
- 4 oz of Mango Puree (To ease use and control amount of cal I used the Beechnut baby food, one jar is all you need)
- 2/3 tbsp Garlic Powder
- Optional Dash of Bread Crumbs (for on top)

Nutritional Info


Fat: 0.7g
Carbohydrates: 11.3g
Calories:149.9
Protein: 25.5g




Preheat the oven for 375 degrees.

First mix the BBQ sauce, garlic powder, and puree mango (I use the magic bullet mixer)
Pour a third of the sauce into a baking dish.

Cut the chicken into 4 oz pieces (8 servings) and place into baking dish. Cover with sauce (I always seem to have an ounce or so left over). Sprinkle bread crumbs if desired and place inteh oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until throughly cooked.

Enjoy with corn or baked beans to round out the meal!

Number of Servings: 8

No comments: