Tuesday, May 26, 2009

In other news..

I lost 12 pounds in the last month following the FREE Sparkpeople.com plan! I have been exercising at least 5 times a week for at least 30 minutes..and I am keeping withing a certain calorie/fat/etc. range. It is still a day by day process, especially keeping up with the exercise, because most days I definitely want to sleep in just a little longer..but..I want to be the best me I can be, so it is worth it to stick to this thing!

Bible study is on its 3rd week, and we have about 4 other girls who are committed to coming. Please pray that God would be at work in each one of our lives calling us to know Him better! Also, that I would have great will power because someone always thinks it's a great idea to bring baked goods. Next week I believe there will be a seven layer nacho dip. I think I may call out sick..oh wait, it's at my house. Shoot.

Church is going well..I really love the people there, I have never been around such an authentic, loving family of believers. They take very seriously the call to be a community in the body of Christ. I don't know if I will stay in at this church or even in Richmond for too much longer..I don't know where God will call me next, but for right now I am enjoying this season of my walk with the Lord.

I know many battles and obstacles lie ahead for me. For anyone who seriously follows Christ, opposition is sure to come. I don't believe my life will ever be "easy", but I wouldn't trade knowing God for anything else. He is everything. Help me to remember that tomorrow, Lord, when I am frustrated with people who don't tip, or when that guy at work basically calls me an idiot for believing in You. Jesus, move me. I don't want to be complacent. Take me where I can be of use. Bring hurting people to me so that I can point to you. You are the healer and the sustainer of the human race, of the earth. I humble myself before you , God, and I pray that you would use me.

5 comments:

Fijufic said...

Congrats on the weight loss. It is nice to be around others who have similar beliefs isn't it?

Bobby

Kathy Schwanke said...

Way to go Angela! How exciting for you to accomplish the weight loss!! I pray God will fill you with joy in the journey and lead you where He wants you to go.

Love,
Kathy

Jennifer said...

Angela!! Congrats on your weight loss- that's exciting!

I'm glad that your Bible-study and church are going good! I wish I could go to your Bible-study. It sounds like fun.

I'll be praying for you!

Jewels said...

What's with this whole "don't know how much longer I'll be in Richmond" business?

Congrats on the newer, healthier body. You look great!

Kendra Allegra said...

Okay.. I just joined in hopes of staying focused and dropping some poundage and leaving it there. thanks so much for this link!