Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Things that make you go "Whoa!"

I listen to Beth Moore's weekly online messages from Living Proof every Monday morning. I was really hit by her message this week, which is part of a short series entitled "Developing Enormously Effective Prayer Lives". Check it out. The whole series is great teaching, this week just really opened my eyes to how much power we have when we pray using the name of Jesus. It has really affected my prayers in the last 24 hours. It changed the way I look at prayer. I am excited to see my prayer life really take off. If you have twenty minutes, you can listen to it here. It is the one dated November 17. It is totally worth it. On a side note, just watched the movie "The Ultimate Gift" in Bible Study last night. It was very cute. I also want to see "Saving Sarah Cain". I am always on the lookout for good movies that aren't going to leave me feeling like I need ear plugs or a blindfold. And they are few and far between. Any recommendations?

5 comments:

Edie said...

Hey Angela! Thanks for the link. I'm gonna go listen to the program.

I almost never watch movies for the same reason but I was at my friend's (the other Angela) house recently and ended up watching Journey to the Center of the Earth. If you like adventure this one very good. I was SO impressed that there was nothing offensive in it.

Sitesx6 said...

Thank you for the Beth Moore post, I'm going there next, to listen. THANK YOU.

I just posted (finally) my birth story part 2. I know you are a young gal, so why would you care about a "Birth story" but it really is more about the faithfulness of God, and perseverance of prayer. :) FYI

I loved THE ULTIMATE GIFT. I really recommend Facing the Giants, FlyWheel, Love Comes Softly (and all of the movies in that series) Radio, and the John Adams series (by HBO-which I usually fear HBO films, but the John Adams series was AWESOME).

Blessings,
Kelly

Kathy Schwanke said...

thanks for the tip on listening to Beth Moore. I marked it so when I get a chance I can listen.

I love your new photo! Cute! I am glad you survived your surgery-I'd be scared too!

I will have to get back to you on the movies. It seems even the good ones like "family man" have 'a scene' in them that needs to be skipped over. (the one in there is of the wife in a shower behind those glass blocks, so I don't want the boys to watch it!) But otherwise a really heart-warming story.

mariel said...

that is defiantely a good one by Beth Moore. I have heard it before and was definately changed by it! Thanks for sharing it!

Shonda said...

Beth's teachings help us grow in our walk with the Lord. I can always use a boost. Thanks for sharing. I dont have any suggestions for good movies.

May you have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Thanksgiving.

Engrafted by His Grace-
Shonda