Sunday, August 24, 2008

What's Your Passion?

My passion is..I'll let you know when I don't have writers' block anymore. I have written and erased several times the answers I've come up with because I don't feel my heart in this post right at this moment. So, I'll just tell you that I went to the park today with a blanket, my mp3 player, a bottle of sparkling Strawberry-Kiwi water, and Beth Moore's Believing God, which I just started today. I picked a spot in the middle of an empty field that is encircled with a drive that loops around the grass and past the small lake with a large fountain in the middle. There was a man sitting in his car while his small child played with his scooter nearby in the gravel overflow parking lot. I was parked there also, and thought it was strange that he was sitting in his car. About five minutes after I was situated and reading, the man was out of his car and running around with the child about ten? feet from me, which was not necessary because it's a BIG field, and I was the only one out there. I was listening to music as I read, but I heard him say "Looks like you're having fun", he said it again before I realized he was talking to me. I looked up from my book and smiled and said "just reading" as in..leave me alone, please! He mumbled something like "ain't nothin wrong with that", but I chose to ignore him. Frankly, he was weirding me out. So I closed my eyes, turned up my music, and said a little prayer for God to send me protection, just in case. I didnt look up for a few minutes after that, but it was quiet and when I did look up, the man and the child were gone..as in they had gotten in their car and drove away. I turned a little further and I was very surprised to see a car parked in the field beside a pair of trees..a county police cruiser! It hadn't been there before.
I will answer the question "what's your passion" from Edie as soon as my brain starts working again..it's hard to narrow it down!

2 comments:

jeleasure said...

That is a pretty cool story of God's faithfulness.
Obviously, the guy was using his son as a ploy to attempt a relationship.

Edie said...

Wow, I was thinking about what a great setting you described and how peaceful and relaxing it sounded until you mentioned that man.

It's so awesome how God provided protection in your situation. Just think about it. As He watched His daughter innocently enjoying some quiet time, He saw danger she wasn't aware of and handled the matter even before she knew to ask.