Wednesday, September 10, 2008
More like an outline
Holiness, holiness is what I long for
Holiness is what I need
Holiness, holiness is what you want from me - Sonicflood
*I am fasting for 40 days from soda, specifically for the salvation of my unsaved friends and coworkers: Amanda, Nicole, Dad, Sheryl, Dimitri, Greg, Will, Drew, Ashlee Nicole, Babs, Mike B., Mike D., Tasha, Thomas.
*From Beth Moore's Believing God:
We can tear down with our words or build up with our words. We can encourage, or we can discourage.
God may bring forth results through different means or timetables than we pictured, but His Word says power is applied when we pray or speak in His name in faith.
No sin, no matter how momentarily pleasurable, comforting, or habitual, is worth missing what God has for us.
*Bible study last night was just me, Heather and Stefanie. We had informal discussion about marriage, and about loving as an action and not a feeling. This also applied to Stef's relationship with her dad.
* As I develop relationships with people who want to know God, I am aware that I have to be very careful. I am going to get hurt. When you love people who don't have God, they can't really love you back. Not in the right way, anyway. I remember how much more selfish I used to be,and how I would make everything about me..If I wasn't benefiting in any way, it wasn't worth it. It's a switch to see things from a different angle. My desire is to give, guide, and care for people. I'm going to get hurt. I am going to have to keep a clear head about everything, about God's glory, about who I can and can't be to others.
* I am currently reading The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
* I have a hard time grasping God's physical presence when I can't see it. I know he hears and answers my prayers. I wake up, have quiet time, go to work , think about Him all day, and when I get home, I feel like he's gone home for the day, too. Not that I don't obey him at this time, it's just a weird realization about the way I think. God doesn't take time off from being God just because I'm having down time.
*My friend/coworker Amanda is having a probably cancerous tumor removed tomorrow. My friends Catherine and Julie are having babies soon. Catherine is scheduled for a c-section next Thursday. She was really hoping to have a natural birth, but Baby's breach. If you would pray for my friends' and babies' health, I know God will listen!
*Will read the letter I wrote him. He is not ready to turn his life over yet, but he is being convicted. He told me he threw away all his girly magazines, and doesn't plan on buying more. My coworker Greg is going to buy a study Bible. On the other hand, a bunch of the guys we work with went to a strip club last week. That sparked some interesting conversations. I see God working. There is darkness all around, but light is shining in. Please pray for the strongholds of unbelief and spiritual blindness to be torn down among these people. God loves them so much.
* I am believing God for financial stuff because it has not been a good month so far. This is where I feel like I am falling off the cliff and waiting for God to catch me. I can't wait for him to grow my faith. It's what I want the most. When I finally get it into my head that God is big enough, I will really be free from the worrying I tend to do. I actually read in Psalm 38: "Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret-it leads only to evil." Worrying leads to evil? Yes. Whenever we don't trust God, we try to do things our way. And that can get us in trouble. Plus, we miss out on seeing God do what he can do.
* I hope everyone is having a great week! EE-say ou-yay ater-lay!